HSJ's inaugural National Cardio Forum brings together all the key senior level stakeholders in the cardiovascular space from the NHS, industry and third sector to better understand how to implement and achieve the goals set out in the NHS Long Term Plan.
The NHS has set bold milestones for cardiology:
- The NHS will help prevent up to 150,000 heart attacks, strokes and dementia cases over the next 10 years.
- We will work with our partners to improve community first response and build defibrillator networks to improve survival from out of hospital cardiac arrest.
- By 2028 the proportion of patients accessing cardiac rehabilitation will be amongst the best in Europe, with up to 85% of those eligible accessing care.
Here’s why you should attend:
- Hear from the clinical leaders at NHS England, NHS Improvement, Public Health England and other arms’ length bodies on the role you can play in implementing the NHS Long-Term Plan
- Network with clinical colleagues and systems leaders to understand how the plan can be delivered through improved collaboration locally at STP / ICS level
- Find out how advanced integrated systems are already succeeding at implementing the ambitions of the long-term plan and how this best practice can be shared across the NHS
- Take the opportunity to question national leaders on the plan and give your verdict on its ambition, feasibility and chance of success
- Exchange ideas and intelligence with colleagues from industry and the third sector to fully understand the contribution they can make in supporting the national plan and its local implementation
- Establish clinical networks with colleagues from your health system to ensure that CVD prevention is at the top of the agenda in your health economy